It is truly an exciting time in our industry and 900lbs is thankful to be prospering. We are hiring our newest position: Concept Artist.
Our innovation lab and creative design studio is quickly becoming one of the most buzz-worthy creative studios around. Culture is key and our action-packed environment harvests continuous opportunities for learning new ways to solve business objectives with creative blends of emerging technologies.
We are looking for the right team-member to:
1) Create pre-visualization design concepts, style frames, high fidelity mock ups and sketches that help clients “see” our collective concept
2) Join our concept development and creative team in brainstorming sessions where we conjure up our innovative ideas
3) Add proactive energy and keep up to date on everything from new and cutting edge technology, to design and cultural trends
4) Be a part of the creative process from initial client meetings and discovery, to production, and to final delivery
– 3+ years of experience in industrial/environmental artwork or concept art.
– Strong design portfolio showcasing experience in industrial/environmental artwork.
– Impressive sketching and storyboarding skills
– Experience creating mood boards, pulling various style references and visualizing the “tone” of the concept
– Creating concept art, graphic design, UI wireframes and similar visualization
– Iterate quickly
– Work smart, starting with pencil sketches, working quickly to finalize direction before high fidelity mocks
– Helping to create client presentations
– Proven ability to come up with unique, creative solutions and communicate those ideas
– Can-do, proactive attitude
– Enjoys researching relevant inspiration imagery and videos that can inspire our internal team and the client
– Tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, etc
– Never-ending hunger to learn new things and grow
Being a visual thinker and a storyteller is a must and this candidate will need to have a keen eye for design. They will work on a diverse range of projects/clients.. ranging from the latest in UI-focused virtual/mixed reality and augmented reality to interactive activations, exhibits and games. Every week is different and the adventure never ends!